top of page


Firstly, thank you for stepping forward to help our students. We are so appreciative of the time, effort and care given by parent and other adult volunteers. We simply couldn’t do what we do, without their help. We’d like to make this process as easy as possible for you, so please do not hesitate to contact us below if you have any questions or queries.


To attend school camps or trips, and to manage or coach teams, all parents/caregivers must be Police Vetted by Mahurangi College (under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014)


Once you have been vetted through a school (not just Mahurangi College) this is valid for 3 years. However, prior Police checks with other institutions are not valid.


Click here for more information on how to complete this form.


STEP 1: Download and print Police Vet Request Form (above), or pick up a copy from the main school office.


STEP 2: Complete Section 2 and Section 3.


STEP 3 (Option A): Bring completed form to main school office (in person) with your two forms of required ID (one from Primary and one from Secondary; one of which must be photographic) (see below) and we will photocopy them for you. 




STEP 3 (Option B): Scan completed form and your two forms of required ID and email to us below.


If scanning (or sending in with your child) you must have your ID’s signed by a non-family member certifying 'that this is a true likeness of ..." They then need to sign and date their certification.

​Two forms of identification are required - one from the Primary section below and one from the Secondary section below. One form of identification must be photographic. 


  • Passport (NZ or Overseas)

  • NZ Firearms Licence

  • NZ Full Birth Certificate (issued on or after 1998)

  • NZ Citizenship Certificate

  • NZ Refugee Travel Document

  • NZ Emergency Travel Document

  • NZ Certificate of Identity



  • NZ Driver Licence

  • 18+ card

  • NZ Full Birth Certificate (issued before 1998)

  • Community Services Card

  • SuperGold Card

  • NZ Employee Photo Identification Card

  • NZ Student Photo Identification Card

  • Inland Revenue Number

  • NZ issued utility bill (issued not more than six months earlier)

  • NZ Teachers Registration certificate

  • NZ Electoral Roll Record

  • International Driving Permit

  • Steps to Freedom Form


For more information email us below. Thanks again for your support!

bottom of page